01782 715725

mon-fri: 9am - 5:30pm

37 Marsh Parade

Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 1BT

Energy Performance Certificates

Energy Performance Certificates

Commercial EPC Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are required for all buildings when they are built, sold, rented out or have a change of ownership. Landlords and sellers must provide an EPC free of charge to interested parties at the earliest opportunity. Estate agents and other third parties must ensure that an EPC has been commissioned before they can market a property for sale or rent.

We work with several local companies and will submit a tender on behalf of our clients in order to obtain the best price from an independent supplier.

The EPC looks similar to the energy labels now provided with vehicles and many household appliances and is valid for 10 years. The EPC provides an A to G rating on the energy efficiency of a building. An A+ rating shows that it's very energy efficient. A recommendation report accompanies the certificate and provides practical advice on measures which may be taken to reduce the amount of energy consumed. Rory Mack Associates are based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire and can provide you with commercial energy performance certificates across these areas including Cheshire & Shropshire too.

We offer energy performance certificates across Staffordshire, Cheshire and Shropshire including these towns: Leek, Buxton, Congleton, Sandbach, Biddulph, Kidsgrove, Leek, Crewe, Nantwich, Market Drayton, Stafford, Stone, Cheadle, Alton, Eccleshall, Winsford, Stoke-on-Trent, Madeley, Newport, Draycott, Trentham, Shrewsbury, Wilmslow, Chester, Telford, Cannock, Holmes Chapel, Middlewich, Northwich, Macclesfield, Newcastle under Lyme.

Buildings that don't need an EPC include:

  • Places of worship
  • Temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • Stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don't use a lot of energy
  • Some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • Holiday accommodation that's rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • Listed buildings; you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building's character
  • Residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

How Long Is An EPC Valid For?

A commercial EPC is valid for up to 10 years, unless a newer EPC is produced for the property, in which case only the latter is valid.

If you'd like more information on the need for an EPC, please call us on 01782 715725 or email enquiries@rorymack.co.uk

Our Other Services

Get in touch with our team to discuss your requirements, we have the experience & expertise.